Human Resource Policy and Documentation
Scope of HR Services:
Human resource management is responsible for effective designing and
implementation of various policies, procedures, and programs which would
form the essence of employee life cycle right from recruitment and selection
to New hire onboarding, confirmation, exit and other allied course of
How would framing HR Policies help?
Strong HR Policies is crucial for effective and efficient operations of the
business organization. A manager manages the work and operations, and HR
policy serves as a guiding force for smooth flow of work. Few primary
policies have been mentioned herewith:
- Performance Appraisal, Bonus, and Incentive: PA policy would review
the performance of an employee with respect to the target vis a vis
achievement, expectations and constructive feedback which would help as a
guiding force to plan a roadmap further.
- Leave Policy: This would define number of leaves an employee can
avail, its eligibility and definition.
- Reimbursement Policy: This would entail various work travels, mobile
and internet etc eligibility and its reimbursement process and rules.
- Exit Policy: Exit process would allow seamless exit of employee with
due notice and handover such that organisations workflow remains unaffected.
- Code of Conduct and Compliance: A COC would include the rules and
regulations, norms and ethics with each employee needs to follow. Also, he
should be aware of repercussions of breaking the same.
- New Hire Onboarding: This would include a brief company introduction
with a PPT of the organisation to inculcate a sense of being oriented.
Hiring process would be followed by:
- Rolling out Offer letter.
- Joining formalities and documentation.
- Compensation Structuring
- Grade or Band Definition
- Employee reference check and verification:
- Various HR Forms – Application form, exit form